- What software do I use to build your website and/or blog?
All websites/blogs are built using the free, open-source tool called WordPress.
- Why do I use WordPress to build your website and/or blog?
WordPress offers a lot of advantages including a wide assortment of free and premium plugins that can increase the functionality of your website. Because it is so widely used across the world, it is continually being updated. The WordPress dashboard also offers a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, meaning that the user (that means YOU too) does not need to know code to write blog posts or pages. This means that if you want to do your own blog posts, or have an employee do them, with a bit of teaching and guidance frome, this will be possible. Your site will never be held hostage to a website developer!
- What themes do I use?
In most instances, I am using the paid child theme called, Dynamik, as it is very customizable. This particular website is built using Dynamik. However, I can also the Studiopress Themes, if there is one that looks very much like what you’d like to have. All of these themes are powered by the Genesis Framework. I use Genesis to create your professional website and/or blog for a few different reasons:
1. Your theme will get free updates for life (important to reduce your chances of getting hacked, and ensuring that your site continues to function properly in the future). From the Genesis website: “With automatic updates to the Genesis Framework, you never have to think about it again. Your code will always be up to date and fully optimized.”
2. The finished websites are very visually appealing.
3. There is no bloated code that slows down the speed of your website. You can hire some people who will develop a website for you, but they will use products that throw out bad code, and the websites “break” when there are WordPress updates, and other changes.
4. It’s search-engine optimized.
5. Many of the themes are mobile-responsive, meaning they can be viewed on various kinds of devices.